QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you reading?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What are you reading? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  What are you reading?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sooo, what book are you reading?

I am now reading "Abarat" by Clive Barker, which seems to be starting out fairly well... anyway, I rather like some of the pictures.

08.05.2008, 01:29 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"A More Perfect Union" by J.A. Jance Murder/detective novel. I've been reading all the J.A. Jance that the library has lately and enjoying them... both the J.P. Beaumont and the Joanna Brady novels. They hold my interest and that's what counts...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.05.2008, 03:07 AM.

08.05.2008, 03:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Gonzo
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.31.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gonzo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Women by Charles Bukowski. I started reading Bukowski this summer and i can't seem to stop. ...........And I'm still half-way through Mishima's Temple of the Golden Pavilion. I've started reading it 3 times ......and still haven't finished. But it's really good.

08.05.2008, 04:15 AM Gonzo is offline   Profile for Gonzo Add Gonzo to your buddy list
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My story by Lewis Hamilton

My obsession has got to the point of reading biographies, and believe me, that's not normal. I don't like biographies.
But I do like this one =] A lot

08.05.2008, 04:43 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading the best work of the last 10 years: You Shall Know Our Velocity by Dave Eggers. Hats off for being so good, dont ever quit writing.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.05.2008, 08:08 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Strangely, I'm not reading anything at the moment. But recently I read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, which was really good, but I think it would've been even better if I hadn't already seen the film. I also read Arcadia by Tom Stoppard (I don't really count it, as it's a play, but the point is that I read it xP) in a day, and it was excellent.

Post last edited by arren18 on 08.05.2008, 08:34 AM.

08.05.2008, 08:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Out.

No I mean the title is 'Out'. Some crime novel that won some big award some time ago in Japan. Made into a movie and all that. So far, not bad.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.05.2008, 08:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

high rhulain by brian jacques.

its another tale of redwall...it's ok

Post last edited by Farren on 08.05.2008, 09:03 PM.

08.05.2008, 09:03 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Out.

No I mean the title is 'Out'. Some crime novel that won some big award some time ago in Japan. Made into a movie and all that. So far, not bad.

Who is the author and is it available in English?

read another Jance book."Failure to Appear" today, will start to read "Payment in Kind" tomorrow.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.06.2008, 02:15 AM.

08.06.2008, 12:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Because Abarat is being a meany head and all the pages are falling out so I can't read it in all it's awesomeness, I am reading "The Twelve Kingdoms" right now... wait, that's the name of the series, hold on... (sorry, it was just in such big letters!) Ah yes, "Sea of Shadow" looks pretty good so far, yay!

Can't wait to get onto the memory keeper's daughter though, that one just looks far too amazing. Gah.

And then again, I may just switch, yay!

08.06.2008, 01:42 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Really intense book. Recommennded to all.

Wait, why am I smiling? This book isn't happy

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 08.15.2008, 11:42 PM.

08.15.2008, 11:41 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know, my teacher decided to read that book to us in class.

Garr. I think that it was just her reading voice (my teacher talks faster than anyone else in the world. Yeah, and we have to have her teach us. Ah well... ) but I always think of it as a rather mediocre thing..

Although everyone else in the world seems to rather enjoy it. Apparently there's a second book, called 'Ender's Shadow", from the point of view of that other boy... yay!

08.16.2008, 03:04 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

singenpoo, by... paul jennings?

its about a boy who adopts a cat called singenpoo, who can read and write.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

08.16.2008, 03:46 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

08.16.2008, 06:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started readong the Twilight series a few days ago.
I'm on the second book now, new moon.

08.17.2008, 11:29 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just started the tawny man trilogy.
the fools errad

08.17.2008, 08:52 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Deep Space Nine: Warchild

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

08.25.2008, 02:07 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Shawn
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Shawn Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.
Yeah. I love Sci-Fi. 8]
Other than that I'm reading a book made by my great-great grandfather.
The title is worn off.
It's a good book...

08.25.2008, 02:29 AM Shawn is offline   Profile for Shawn Add Shawn to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I forgot to mention this here: the other day I was given a heap of books to read for English. At the moment I'm reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, which belongs to my mum. That's also for English.

08.29.2008, 11:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive been so strangely pumped for the Watchmen movie to come out, I dug out that graphic novel and started it and wow, easily the best creation by DC. The more I read, the more I wonder how they are going to make a good movie out of this, as it lacks some of the stereotypical hero movie stuff, but I think regardless it will be fantastic.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.29.2008, 11:11 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks